Kicking people out of a community can be one of the best things you can do. Here's why:
- It proves you're not playing the numbers game. You're committed to quality over quantity.
- It motivates members to contribute more often.
- The community will move quicker, and achieve more.
- It rewards the members that do contribute. They're now in an exclusive club, not many can get in.
- It makes communication easier.
I might go one further and suggest putting caps on your community. This focuses your efforts from the beginning. Even better, you can have a waiting list.
So go and start kicking out those pesky lurkers and leeches, just be prepared to stand your ground against unamused clients.