What Members Want To See When They Suggest An Idea
Quick Note – I’ll be in Amsterdam July 22-23, I’d love to meet community pros in the area.
* * * * *
It’s not too tricky.
When a member submits an idea they want:
- To know the entire process of how an idea becomes implemented in the product, what milestones they have to reach to be considered.
- To see it immediately appear in the community without approval.
- To see it promoted to other members.
- Quick, constructive, feedback from other members.
- To gain endorsements from key community members.
- To interact with staff members about the idea.
- To see where their idea is in the process at all times and be notified of changes.
- To see how close they are to reaching the next phase of the process.
- To get an update on whether the idea was accepted/rejected (with reasons).
- To be thanked for submitting ideas which aren’t accepted.
- To be shown gratitude if an idea advanced to the product stage.
- To be considered a key influencer who can sponsor future ideas.
This isn’t an exhaustive list, but if you can get even halfway there you’re doing better than most.
p.s. Just because an idea/feedback isn’t submitted through a specific ideation platform doesn’t mean the process doesn’t apply.