We've almost completed our line-up for the 2014 Virtual Community Summit in London.
Our goal is to ensure attendees master the scientific principles to increase growth, activity, and the value of their communities. This is a conference focused on the advanced level, not for beginners. If you want to advance to the strategist level, this will help.
To do this, we're skipping the traditional community speakers circuit. Instead, we've collected the top experts from key related disciplines to share their expertise.
This line-up includes:
- Kevin Hillstrom. Data Analyst at MineThatData. Kevin is known as one of the best data analysts on the planet. He's crunched the numbers of hundreds of clients and knows the impact of social upon organizational revenues. He knows how and when social can meaningfully benefit an organization.
- Dr. Brian Butler. Associate Professor. Brian has been studying online communities for over 15 years and published over 104 widely cited works in the field. He knows what the real studies (not those published by biased vendors) say about communities.
- Paul Resnick. Professor. Paul co-authored the best book we have about designing successful communities. He spends his life highlighting how to apply economics and social psychology theory to the design of communities.
- Nathalie Nahai. Web Psychologist. Nathalie founded the web psychology movement. She knows how websites affect our brain and what elements you can apply to influence our actions.
- David Chavis. Community Science. Dr. David Chavis is the author of the most important paper in the history of (offline) community development. He's a former community organizer and he's spent his entire life building communities around the country.
This is the first event ever to be dedicated to explaining and mastering the science behind social communities. In addition, we're going to host problem-solving sessions (you explain a problem and get help from others), a 3-course meal, and a full-day of workshops on the second day (with myself, Kevin, Michael Wu, and eModeration).
We're very proud to put our reputation, time, and resources on the line to make this event a success. We hope you will join us on Feb 20 at the beautiful Royal Institution of Great Britain.
Tickets are available here: http://www.virtualcommunitysummit.com.