Key Dates Your Community Can Celebrate
These are some things your community can celebrate each year.
- Birthday. Your community should have a birthday. Plan some small events, give presents to the top members, have the CEO give a small online talk and ask for volunteers in some planning.
- New Year’s Eve. Not this year, from last year. Remember when everyone made their community-related resolutions and/or predictions? Now you can celebrate the members who were right, or achieved their goals.
- JohnnyFab’s Day. Like Columbus day, but rather celebrating something terrific one of your members did the year before. Did they achieve something monumental in your community? Write a groundbreaking article? Get your community mentioned in the New York Times?
- Four Figure Day. The day you got 1000 members in your community. Highlight the 1000th member. Give a reward to the first 1000 members. Talk about some of the key contributions of those first 1000 members.
- Charity Day. Did your community raise a lot of money for charity? Celebrate that too.
- Hall of fame day. Have one special day a year where members get inducted to your community’s hall of fame. Make a big event from it, accept nominations.
- Survival Day. Was your community nearly shut down? Did you come close to not being a community anymore? Celebrate your survival.
A countdown clock with a call to action for members to get involved would be a great idea.