Building A Community To Find A Job

January 12, 2009Comments Off on Building A Community To Find A Job

At least 60% of jobs aren’t advertised. The remaining 40% are fiercely competitive, less fun and not so well paid.

But no-one’s too sure how to get into the 60% club. This is where Seth’s post has broader implications. If you’re looking for a job (and even if you’re not), decide where you want to work and begin building a tightly focused community in that field.

If you wrote a blog about software developers in your county, it’s likely to be read by software developers in your county.

You can interview employees from these agencies, report on the clients they're working with and the work they're doing. You can have a superstar of the month and interview people doing the jobs you want.

Why not also host an industry event. Play devil’s advocate on topical issues. Write about staff changes. Have an anonymous gossip column. Invite VIPs from international agencies to submit editorial pieces.

Now everyone in the industry you want to work in, knows who you are. That’s a good way to join the 60% club.

Comments Off
©2018 FeverBee Limited, 1314 New Providence Wharf, London, United Kingdom E14 9PJ FEVERBEE

We’d like you to join us.

We’re a group of community professionals who push each other to the cutting edge of our work. Every day we share our experiences, highlight new expertise, and push one another to become the best community builders we can be.

The day you join, you’ll get access to 1000+ practical tips, dozens of resources, and unlimited access to the top experts in our space. You’ll also get to see how we go about building a community amongst our own audience.

It takes just 30 seconds and doesn’t cost a thing.

CLICK HERE AND JOIN FEVERBEE

Level Price  
ALL COURSES The price for membership is $750.00 per month or $7,200.00 per year
Select
Community Development Program The price for membership is $1,100.00 per month or $10,560.00 per year
Select
Director of Community The price for membership is $8,770.00 per month
Select