How many of these is your organization comfortable with?
- Staff talking like real people and not corporate drones (they might even say something they shouldn't).
- Community members saying bad things about the company.
- Volunteers helping to moderate the community.
- Volunteers writing content for the community.
- Releasing exclusive information to the community first.
- Encouraging discussions which have no connection to the topic.
- Letting the community make meaningful decisions about your company.
- Putting community members in touch with people within the organization that can help them.
- You and your staff spending time participating in community interviews, live chats and in discussions on the forums.
- Asking the community for honest feedback on your products/services/marketing/staff.
The answer should be all 10.
This list could be infinitely longer, so feel free to add your own on the comments below.