That’s scary. You need to cater to these people differently.
Create a “Just arrived from…” page. Add the link from your registration form. This page brings newcomers up to speed. It highlights topical issues, it lists members they can contact for help. It offers ways these newcomers can immediately get involved. You can even discuss the informal sub-groups of your community, or running jokes.
If you’re here from Chuck’s interview with me, welcome. Here are some of my favourite posts:
- Stages of Building An Online Community
- Keep New Members Hooked For 21 Days
- How To Build The First Online Community Of It’s Kind
- What Did You Say About Me?
- Basic Tactics To Grow Your Online Community Without Any Promotion
- How To Find Your Community’s First Members