Most organisations with a community today are squandering its potential. They’re squeamish about asking members to do something (anything!) because they fear rejection.
They pay to host discussions but refuse to influence them. This is a big mistake.
Next week I’m teaming up with Vanilla Forums to host a webinar that will change the way you think about managing your community.
I’m going to explain that you shouldn’t be paying for the upkeep without exerting influence, why we waste our community’s greatest assets and how we can (and should) develop programs that guide members to take the behaviors that will drive business success.
Here are some things we will cover:
- How we use a scientific approach to go from guessing what behaviors to solicit from members, to knowing what behaviors to solicit from members.
- The persuasive techniques and emotive stories we’ve used to get members to take actions for our clients.
- How to reduce the rejection rate of the behavior by creating consistency through smaller trigger behaviors.
- Why most new information is rejected and how to create information that your members will use to rationalise future behavioral decisions.
- How to sustain new behaviors over the long-term.
If you’re just getting a community started, this isn’t for you. However, if you’ve got a lot of activity already, you should sign up. This might just help.
May 25, 1pm Eastern