I heard about Cramster yesterday. The online study group site is shockingly successful, and has just received $3m in capital to expand. Here are five great ideas you can tinker with to boost your online community
- Are you a parent? Sign up your son or daughter: This is very clever, how can you get friends to sign up their buddies for them?
- Karma Points: Those that help answer a question are rewarded for Karma points which can be redeemed with gifts and rewards. Tougher questions offer greater Karma points. Having more points for tougher questions is a good idea.
- A Score Board. Keeping score of a member’s post count often encourages spam. Keeping score of how much you’ve helped someone else, is genius.
- Online Study Pals: Find people that have helped you before, and invite them to be part of your study network. Genius.
- Facebook App. Cramster offers one of the best Facebook widgets I’ve ever seen, and perfectly targeted at to it’s audience.
It’s nearly always worthwhile spending a few minutes to join a community and find out what makes it tick.