We're hiring a community manager for our exclusive CommunityGeek community.
This community is for people that love discussing the social sciences (and data), side of communities. It's exclusive, we only let people with a significant level of experience/expertise join, and it creates a lot of value.
Read this before you apply.
Based upon past experience, I suspect we'll get around 200+ applications. To save us both time, please make sure you match the following criteria.
1) You know a lot about the social science of communities. Ideally, you can show us the material you've published, events you've attended, and things you've done to advance the field. You should already be reading a lot about psychology, social psychology etc…in academic articles.
2) You're well connected. You can prove you have strong links with other key people in this space. You have the credibility to call upon other people you already know to participate in the community.
3) You have experience. We're not looking for a rough diamond this time, we're looking for the final product. We'll provide training, but we want someone that has built a community before.
4) You're a do-er and 100% reliable. Everyone works from home. They have results to achieve. You get things done.
At FeverBee we hire terrific people and provide a platform for them to do their life’s work. To help you do that we provide the following:
- Full training in communities and community development (with certification). We’ll train you to be a leading expert in this field.
- Work from home and with flexible hours. You decide what hours you work (with agreed results to achieve). You can have a job and a life. You can go to the gym or meet friends in the afternoon, pick up kids from school, and work the hours you feel most productive.
- Access to our virtual assistants. You can keep the mundane, repetitive, tasks off your desk and free up your time to focus on your key goals.
- Freedom to achieve goals in any manner you like. This is an entrepreneurial role. You will be building and managing a community. You can come up with ideas and make them happen.
- Travel to events. Some see this as a burden, others a perk. Take your pick. Our work has taken us to UK, USA, Canada, China, Australia, Denmark, Germany, The Netherlands, France, Lithuania, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, and a few more countries.
Send your application to [email protected].
* Note: We are not looking to hire social media managers.