Your Collaboration Score
Would you rate yourself as a good collaborator?
- Do you understand the unique value you bring to a project? Do others agree?
- Do you resist documenting that unique value to stay unique?
- Do you share expertise when asked without trying to take over or reinvent the entire project?
- Do you get yourself up to speed before you contribute and try to understand why things are done that way?
- Do you get the job done or go the extra mile to ensure it’s as good as it can be?
- Do you work to build good relationships with other team members?
- Do you adapt to other collaborators’ way of working or do you demand they adapt to you?
- Do you clearly communicate when the project will be done and keep people updated?
- Do you clearly identify everything you need in advance or drop challenges on others at the last minute?
- Do you claim your time is more valuable than anyone else’s?
- Do you notice and uncover when other collaborators are uncomfortable?
- Do you listen and embrace feedback or do you resist and deny it?
- Do you give unsolicited opinions before checking if they’re wanted?
- Do you leave projects when you’re no longer needed?
- Do you compromise your point of view when necessary for a team to complete a project?
- Do you make other collaborators feel better about their work or do you bring them down to demonstrate your superiority?
Now ask the rest of your team how they would rate your collaboration abilities.
You might be surprised.