Higher Logic’s concept is simple: people come together to learn and collaborate. It’s a solid baseline and an advantage for any organization – engagement will turn into feedback, brand advocacy and retention. A member or customer experience is enhanced by the platforms that put a focus on engagement and community.View Profile Submit Review
- Excellent support
- Product under continual development
- Excellent feature set, including automation logic
- Steep learning curve for the non-tech savvy
- No customised reporting
- $9,000 - $150,000 per year (based on users)
- Content manager: $250 - $1,500 per month each
- Mentor match: $250 - $1,500 per month each
- Volunteer manager: $250 - $1,500 per month each
- Event manager: $250 - $1,500 per month each
- All other modules (Community app, Activity Sync, Component Manager, Expert Directory, Document Manager, Learning Management, Project Manager, Nested Communities, Surveys, Community Management Services: $250 - $1,500 per month each
- Community Implementation (typically includes integration with CRM/Database): $5k to $30k
- Data Migration: $10k to $15k
- Library of design templates free. Third-party partners offer custom design packages.: $10k to $30k
- Canned Reports
- Customizable Reports
- Supports Google Analytics
- Download CSV detail data
- API for integration/selective exports
- SSO (native or 3rd party)
Customer Reviews of Higher Logic
4.0 out of 5
- Any potential pros are mitigated by the fact that our experience lacks promised sales features and the unexpected downtime and numerous bugs of the community platform.
- Great customer service
- Responsive support team
- Good trainings and webinars
- Sales promises not delivered on.
- Technical support, while fixing identified problems, has repeatedly broken other parts of the site.
- Back-end of the community site isn't user-friendly
- While the company has been a customer for several years, the main user recently left the company. So far, we have been happy with the assistance.
- I love the system and the service from HL. Not a con, but something users need to be prepared for is for a community to thrive it will take time and resources whether they are internal or from a consultant or higher logic.