Khoros' (formerly Lithium) Digital Engagement platform brings marketing, customer service, community, and other parts of the organization together with an intelligent design to rally around a better customer experience. Khoros is known for highly customized implementations focused on peer to peer engagement.View Profile Submit Review
- Khoros is particularly well-suited to external communities.
- Every Khoros community tends to have a degree of customisation.
- Numerous integrations available via API’s.
- SSO supported.
- Built-in analytics and game mechanics to track and promote engagement.
- Mobile support.
- Khoros treats every implementation as a bespoke customisation.
- An expensive solution in both technology and services
- High staff churn in recent years
- Limited platform development since acquisition
- 0 to 500k: $90k
- 500k to 3m: $90k - $210k
- 3m to 6m: $210k - $330k
- 6m+: Usage purchased separately
- Tribal Knowledge Base: $15k+ (annual)
- Premium Gamification and Badging: $50k+ (annual)
- Ideation: $17.5k+ (annual)
- Q&A Base: $17.5+ (annual)
- Design, customization, data migration, training: $30k to $150k+
- API calls via ActiveCast & REST above 10m calls : $20k per year (upwards)
- Two-factor authentication
- Annual internal security audits
- SSAE 16 SOC 2 audits
- U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor
- TRUSTe (US-EU compliant)
- ISO 27001/27018
- Secure data centers
- Continuous security penetration testing
- Independent security penetration testing
- Canned Reports
- Customizable Reports
- API for integration/selective exports
- Product Reviews
- Language Translator
- Bulk API for Analytics
- Product Reviews
- Content Syndication
- CRM Integration
- Staging instances
- Enhanced Moderation - customizable workflows (Khoros Care)
- Real Time Analytics
- SSO (native or 3rd party)
Customer Reviews of Khoros
3.9 out of 5
- Metrics (especially LSI and Bulk Data)
- Strong customisation available via Studio
- API v2 (SQL-like querying) tools provide improved efficiency
- Freemarker + API component coding simple to use without needing full developer training
- Able to handle threads with extremely large post counts
- Member-facing UX is dated
- Responsive version has limited backwards compatibility for devices
- Support and Documentation are both hit-and-miss
- A little nickel and dime mentality even though they will 'throw in' high ticket incentives (ex PS). It gets tiring.
Backend tools and metrics are exemplary, however member-facing UX is dated.
We've been using Lithium for our community for nearly 8 years now. There's been ups and downs during that time, however as we're heavily reliant on metrics to support our community model we've stuck w... Read Full Review
October 27, 2017 | Anonymous
Great features, high cost if you don't know what you really need
Overall a great product. The strongest use case is for support, call deflection, case management (check out lithium's community -- case portal. Also create cases via email.)
Read Full Review
March 15, 2017 | Anonymous
Great solution with poor professional services experience
The platform is really well rounded. It provides the most tools and features I have seen in the enterprise platform offerings. While the features may not be the most polished, you get a lot of them ou... Read Full Review
March 15, 2017 | Nikoletta Harrold