The way we approach communities right now is broken.
It's largely a collection of intuition, haphazard guesswork, and top-down processes.
As a result, too many communities have failed, more are struggling, and nearly all could be much better.
For the past year, I've been working on a book to change this. Today I'm ecstatic (and slightly nervous) to announce that my book, Buzzing Communities, is now available to buy.
We urgently need a new approach to developing communities. We need to take this seriously. We need an approach that embraces social sciences, data, and the proven examples of hundreds of successful communities (not pleasant anecdotes). We need a complete process for growing and managing successful communities.
This book explains a new approach to developing communities and covers the biggest challenges you're likely to face
- Understand what members in a community really want.
- How to grow your community to critical mass and beyond.
- Dramatically increase the number of newcomers that become regulars.
- Keep members highly active over the long term.
- Measure the return on investment and learn how to increase it
- Develop a comprehensive community strategy from scratch.
- Identify hundreds of practical tactics you can immediately apply to your community.
This isn't a beginner level book. If you want to learn what a community is or why they're terrific, this isn't for you. If you want to learn about Facebook/Twitter, this book isn't for you. However, if you're a community manager and want to build bigger, better, and more active communities, you might want to buy the book.
To put it simply; if you like this blog, you will love the book.
You can buy the book through any of the links below:
- Amazon.com - Click here
- Amazon Kindle Kindle - Click here
- Amazon Europe - Click here
- Amazon Europe Kindle - Click here.
No audiobook, sorry.
A HUGE, HUGE, HUGE, thank you to the dozens of people that encouraged me to write the book and helped make it happen.