Are you thinking strategically about community management?
Do you know which tasks will have the biggest impact upon your community?
Are you making the best use of your time, budget and resources?
Are you struggling to change the behavior of your community members?
Strategic Community Management is an interactive course, designed by FeverBee founder Richard Millington, for everyone working with online communities today.
The course will help you stop chasing meaningless engagement metrics and start focusing on activities which drive phenomenal growth and the behavior you want from members.
Strategic Community Management combines our hard-earned lessons helping build some of the largest communities in the world with feedback from the top community professionals in the industry.
This course will teach you to use your limited resources to achieve the biggest possible impact in your online community. During this course program, you will learn to question every activity you do and determine what is worth doing and where best to spend your time to achieve the biggest impact.
How The Strategic Community Management Course Is Delivered
Via a combination of recorded sessions and live webinars, Richard Millington will guide you through the process of developing a strategic plan uniquely tailored to your community.
Over the course of six weeks you will:
- Understand the importance of strategic thinking in your work. Stop trying to do everything and start focusing on the things that move the needle.
- Learn how to run a statistical analysis to determine exactly which activities have the biggest possible impact on metrics that matter.
- Connect specific member behaviours to your organization’s goals, increasing return on investment with practical, measurable actions.
- Apply proven psychological principles to drive the behaviours you need your members to take.
- Identify which segments of your community to spend most of your time on and how to cater specific to their behavior.
- Apply stakeholder theory to gain internal buy in from your boss and other key executives.
- Understand how to track the metrics that correlate strongly with success. This program will help you develop a bespoke dashboard solely for your community.
“When your community is essentially your product, it’s extremely important to have a strategy that’s aligned with your values and mission. Strategic Community Management helped answer some of the biggest questions about building a community strategy, tailored to our specific identity.”
– Alexandra Sofen from Etsy
Who Is Strategic Community Management For?
This course is designed for intermediate to advanced community professionals with experience in building engagement, who want to take their communities to the next level. It is aimed at those working in:
- Community management
- Social media
- Knowledge management
- Internal engagement and collaboration
- Customer/employee-driven innovation
- App development
- Association management
We’ve spent six months developing Strategic Community Management, drawing from our experience working with over 200 clients, studying over 1000 psychology articles, interviewing dozens of top community experts who have delivered clear results, and conducting over 100 case studies.
The course is divided into 6 weeks each tackling a core element of strategic community thinking.
- Learn how strategic thinking sets you up to eliminate distractions and focus on the tasks that matter
- Discover the framework for allocating your resources, and how to best use them to deliver the biggest results
- Understand the different elements of a strategic plan and how you’ll use them to develop your own
Goals & Objectives
- Learn why it’s essential to align your community with your corporate goals
- Translate your goals into member behaviour to uncover the actions that drive Return on Investment
- Discover how to communicate the value of your community to gain the support of senior stakeholders
- Learn the relationship between target audiences and your community strategy
- Use Ansoff’s Matrix to identify the most effective groups to target
- Align your desired community behaviours with specific psychological motivations
- Learn the role of failsafe objectives in maintaining community growth and activity
- Anticipate the drops in some metrics as you pursue increases in the ones that count
- Apply the formula for allocating resources to uncover the objectives the biggest drivers of value
- Learn how to develop tactics for your community that are based on your specific situation
- Prioritise those tactics by determining the length, reach and depth of their impact, and create an action plan
- Learn the reason why most tactics fail, and what you can do to avoid that
Measurement & Improvement
- Optimize your community’s performance by using measurement to drive improvement
- Learn how to capitalise on your team’s expertise, and identify the gaps in knowledge that are preventing you from fulfilling your goals
- Calibrate your strategic plan by identifying insights gained from your data collection
- Learn how to make the most out of organizational change, and put your community on the strongest footing
Richard has spent the past 15 years helping 200+ organisations design successful internal and external engagement programs. Richard is the founder of FeverBee, the author of Buzzing Communities, a prolific speaker at events across 4 continents. Richard is passionate about using proven psychology to guide engagement.