- Easy to manage and update basic pages without admin/development resource.
- Easy to connect to data objects within Salesforce itself.
- Regular updates with new features and feature enhancements.
- Flexibility of add ons and integrations via Salesforce's AppExchange.
- Easy to begin a new community out-of-the-box.
- Multiple language features.
- Scalable and flexible.
- Heavy development resource required to build components that don't come out-of-the-box.
- Very expensive to build and maintain.
- Flexibility of the standard components is limited and presents the occasional UX challenge.
- Limited number of templates.
- Lacking basic content types out-of-the-box including video, ideas, blog/blog posts.
- Category-based content organization, while scalable, quickly becomes a mess.
- Analytics very difficult to set up to be effective.
- Updates to the platform can break custom-built functionality.
- 20k to 100k: $48k
- 100k+: $120k
- Limited: $40k to $100k
- Medium: $100k to $250k
- High: $250k to $500k
- Two-factor authentication
- Login IP Ranges
- SSAE 16 SOC 1 audits
- SSAE 16 SOC 2 audits
- SSAE 16 SOC 3 audits
- TRUSTe (US-EU compliant)
- CSA STAR
- ISO 27001/27018
- Canned Reports
- Customizable Reports
- Predictive analytics
- Realtime data visualization
- Supports Google Analytics
- API for integration/selective exports
- 2500+ AppExchange apps
- Mobile SDK
- Google Drive
- Social sign-up (Google)
- Social sign-up (Twitter)
- Social sign-up (Facebook)
- Social sign-up (Other)
- SSO (native or 3rd party)
Customer Reviews of SalesForce
3.1 out of 5
- Availability and performance
- Templates and OOTB components ease deployment and make maintenance fast and easy
- HTML/CSS components make most customization of the community experience a self-sufficient exercise
- Audience Targeting is great but is dependent on good, clean CRM data
- New Gamification (Badging) has helped our "Superuser" program flourish
- Search and Knowledge has not met our needs, so we moved to Search Unify for better federated and faceted search
- Reporting has limits - no topic related reporting and no member 360 reporting - I created custom report types and merge reports in Access for a 360 view
- Need a better GDPR solution for Google Analytics integration
- Would like to see more OOTB components delivered each release - especially for cases and ideation - also more controls to customize OOTB components
- Better navigation "breadcrumb" system needed to provide a "sense of place" for users
We've been on Community Cloud for nearly 3 years and with over 50,000 registered members, it's been an excellent platform for our customers and partners with near perfect availability and performance.... Read Full Review
June 14, 2019 | Leo Daley
So Salesforce are probably in the slow starter lane in terms of maturity, however with every release (3 a year I seem to recall) the Community Cloud platform gets better and better.
We cu... Read Full Review
March 22, 2017 | Nick Emmett